- See more at: http://www.bloggerhow.com/2013/02/how-to-remove-showing-posts-with-label-from-blogger-label-page/#sthash.ROicKvkv.dpuf

lunes, 12 de enero de 2015

Oliver + S Puppet tunic in blue

Can't believe it has taken me so long to finally sew with Oliver + S patterns! This pattern has been waiting for more than 2 years. Where did all that time go? ok, so maybe having a baby, part time working and moving to a new house can explain why... 

Based on measures, it is a size 5 for my 4 year old girl. The fit is great in the shoulders, only a bit long but this can be fixed for next blouse. 

About the pattern, I have to say now I understand what the fuss is about when it comes to Oliver + S patterns. Great construction, pattern pieces match so well it is a very satisfying process. The sleeves require a bit more of time due to the gathering required, but look rather nice. 

The major issue I had was the fabric; a woven with a lot of stretch both sides, so was quite uncomfortable to sew. I had to pick a knitting stitch to give it some ease, and had to seam rip too many times for my liking. And when done, I notice that it frays. A LOT.

construction 

However I love the result and I'm planning on using this pattern again pretty soon. Real soon as we are almost out of size!!

She truly loves this blouse, most of all because mom sewed it, and she is so proud telling everyone!

I love the outfit. She chose to wear the boots, and I must say I really like it. 

 


One thing we both loved about this fabric is the option to have matching outfits for the girls in the house. Mine is a wearable muslin for Sewaholic Belcarra, but more on that later on this week.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario